Re: Re: Imp keywords?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 22:17:32 -0700

> Many thanks. There are useful advices. Anyway, my player and I would like
> to know some ideas about "what all imps can do", because in this
> particular case, we need some inspiration.

What does you player want to be able to do with this character?

Does he have any ideas about the imp? Does it fly? Teleport to the Mage's shoulder? Can it lift incredible weights for its size? Turn invisible? Make fireballs? Cast spells? Translate spell formulae? What happens if it is hit by a sword? Or a spell? Is it more otr less vulnerable to physical or magical attacks than a human? What is its purpose? How does it help its master?

Really there are so many things an imp *can* do, you really need to get your player involved to see what he *wants* to do.

As narrator, you're not out of the woods, though! You have a responsibility to make sure that the imp doesn't overpower the other player's heroes (nor should it be overpowered by them). You also have to make sure that your game has stuff for the Imp to do once you figure out what it's strengths and weaknesses are.

RR