Re: Re: Man Rune

From: L C <lightcastle_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 00:14:53 -0400

John Machin wrote:

>There is magic and cults that do this already in HQ1 (all the
>"leadership" cults have some "compulsion" magic - even if it things
>like Shout Down Another or Stop Argument).

Exactly.
I get the logic that the man rune just makes you be man-like. (And, of course, all the humanoid races - except maybe dragonnewts? - have it, if I recall correctly.)

>Players that choose these
>cults get to use them in contests to make others do what they want;
>just like players that choose Humakt get to use their abilities to
>make others do what they want - i.e. die.

Exactly.

I would think the man rune would give you powers concerning the nature of being mortal/humanoid/sentient in a certain way/etc.

I wouldn't even think of it as being control most of the time - maybe self control.

LC