Shaman Rules - Becoming a Shaman and Confronting the "Bad Man"

From: swhitebull <swhitebull_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 00:53:17 -0000

   Been a long time since I posted. Had a few questions for the group regarding HQ Shaman rules. Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it thru searching.

To become a Devotee, one needs to pass a resistance of 20W (pg 119) To become an Adept, one needs to pass a resistance of 10W (pg 163)

For the Shaman, however, nothing is mentioned of the resistance level. Here are the appropriate requirements (page 139):

Spirit Face, Practice Knowledge and Follower of Majestic Spirit, all at 1W2; then awaken the Fetch thru passing on the secret. Here's the relevant text again:

"The candidate undergoes an order [here is where I'm assuming that that is the equivalent of confronting the Practice's "Bad Man" or equivalent, a la RQ3 rules] that culminates in his first solo journey into the Spirit World. If the hero succeeds, he returns to the natural World a Shaman; his Fetch begins with a rating of 13..."

My question then becomes, to simulate that "ORDEAL, or confrontation withe Bad Man (which had a POW of 35 in RQ3), what would be an appropriate resistance level?

Thanks ahead of time.

Scott Schneider