Re: Re: Transfer bogosity.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 12:46:06 +0100 (BST)

abohlig_at_..., re my 'one trollkin every three minutes' example:
> 2> Change the transfer rate. Personally I think I'm going to go for
> dropping transfers by 50%.

My example was just in support of the point about the _old_ extended contest table. I don't think there's much of a problem with them as things stand, unless contests with the thick end of a two-masteries advantage to one side are routine. And even if they are, I'd be cautious about tinkering with the rates too much. If you must, try converting some (or all) of the transfer, in whichever case you find bothersome, to forfeits.

> During one combat we had a few
> particularly bad runs on the part of the enemy and I began to run out
> of good descriptions for the 3x transfers to the players

I can only recommend rolling better, then. ;-)

Cheers,
Alex.