Re: Mysticism question

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:53:10 +0100 (BST)

Julian Lord:
> A Paradox of Mysticism is that it's (much) easier to write it up for a heavily
> simulationist system (aka RQ : see Sandy's worthy attempt), than for the easy,
> storytelling HW system.

I think that's probably unfair (on HW and Sandy). Or possibly over-generous (on RQ and Greg...). Perhaps Sandy just rolled a '1', and Greg a '20'? (To steal from Charles Corrigan, though hopefully to get the numbers the right way round <g>.)

I think HW is reasonable on the 'gist' of mysticism. It just suffers greatly from being (of necessity, really) far too wooly about the East, somewhat stream of consciousness about the Lunar Mysteries, and very, very broken on the numbers. I'm confident later books will do better, on all these scores.

Cheers,
Alex.