Re: Secrets & Arkat

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:06:41 -0400

> As for Arkat ... reading the Glorantha book suggested that
>he was not a particularly effective heroquester - just a persistant one. If
>Harmast hadn't bailed him out he'd still be in the underworld.

        Hey, by that stage he had already mostly driven the cult of Nysalor out of both Fronela and Ralios, already become a knight of Hrestol in record time, and defeated any number of vampire kings etc. Then he came up against Lokamayadon, who defeated him - and we know that he was a very effective heroquester. Arkat was a very effective heroquester, just one with some very serious opposition.

>I think his
>success is largely attributable to the massive extraordinary support levels
>from his followers.

        That thesis doesn't really hold up given Arkats habit of alienating the bulk of his followers at regular intervals.

        Arkat kicked arse.

	Cheers
		David