Re: What does ^3 mean in stats notation in the scenarios on Issaries web site

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:11:23 +0000

You are correct. The idea was that you'd compare the attacker's weapon's edge against the defender's armour and the difference would enhance or detract from their attack. The idea was to have monsters that were quite low skill, but dealt a lot of damage when they hit.

These days we assume that everyone has an implicit, but boring, 'typical equipment' ability subsumed into their keywords, and the only people who need an ebility given over to equipment have something very special. An edge of ^3 was neevr worth the electrons it took to record.