Re: Re: Mastery

From: NFranz197_at_...
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 14:27:23 EDT

Thom wrote:

>> Suppose Alfred has Sword & Shield Fighting 5w3 (that's 65 AP)
>> and fights against Bob who has Sword & Shield w3 (60 AP).
>> Does Bob have a target number of 0, a target number of 1, or
>> what?

> This is a trick question. There's no such thing as a "naked
> mastery."
> If Bob is to have 60 AP, he is 20w2 (which obviously makes it
> clear that his target number is 20).

Oh, that's swell then. Really. Thank you, Thom.

Newbie Norbert
(who also said "Pendragon was easier ...")

"Fair damosel," said Sir Launcelot, "I may not warn people to speak of me what it pleaseth them; but for to be a wedded man, I think it not; for then I must couch with her, and leave arms and tournaments, battles, and adventures; and as for to say for to take my pleasance with paramours, that I will refuse [...] for knights that be adventurous or lecherous shall not be happy ne fortunate unto the wars ..."
                                        (Le Morte D'Arthur, VI, ch. 10)