Re: Big God Secrets

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 21:23:59 +0100 (BST)

Steve Martin:
> Note that this type of usurpation of the gods is actually very common in
> the Vithelan pantheon -- when the Sun God achieves full enlightenment and
> passes out of the world, a new being will take his place, so that there
> is always a Sun God, with the same name and powers, even though it has
> been different entities at different times. Similar situation, but part
> of the mythos, so is OK when done properly.

If such a thing happens, then by your own account it's not 'usurpation', it's caused by the liberation of the 'displaced' entity. And note that the term 'enlightenment' is doubly misleading here: firstly, it's (normally) a Kralori concept, not a Vithelan one, and secondly, it does not remove one from the world, as does liberation.

Those quibbles aside, I shall leave comment on the substance of the matter to Nils...

Cheers,
Alex.