Re: stretches and credibility checks - anyone else having difficulty?

From: Jeff <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 07:15:34 -0000

>HQ itself needs no information about blasters. But a genre pack should, at least in general terms. If I just say "land speeder" you get nothing. Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes gets away with a lot because "bow" and "spear" are real things.

BTW, one thing my wife has demonstrated to me is that almost every RPG uses the bow in a literary manner, and not "realistically". A long bow is an area weapon - you can't shoot a longbow against a moving target at a long range with any accuracy (she should know - she's won the Women's Archery Championship in Germany several years running). And yet we debate about what a bow can or cannot hit (largely based on what we've seen in movies or read in stories).

Jeff