RE: Magic Abilties

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 00:04:18 +0200

I noticed this got truncated on the digest, presumably something to do with an error I got while sending it...

Richard Develyn 00-06-06 12.47

>So, getting thunderbolts from Lightning Boy is a bit of a waste of effort
>unless you either get them at a very high level to start with or you have a
>particular need to electrocute people rather than just fire arrows at them.
>
>Am I right?

Well, you can use the lightning bolts at any time (any time you can perform magic, of course). No need to carry around a bow and arrows. Lightning ignores armor. Lightning is self-targeting, which means that you can't defend with dodging-type skills, you need some kind of physical toughness or an appropriate magical ability. The range of a lightning bolt is LOS. So it's a different kind of weapon, with its ups and downs. All IMHO...