Re: Most pointless rule contest.

From: NFranz197_at_...
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 18:51:09 EDT

I just read this:

>> I'm sure there'll be hot competition, but I nominate the 'Target >> Number 20' makeworkery on p.116. Really, why?

> So it'll differ in some way from 19. :-)
>
> Don't have another good nominee, though.

    But why should that be pointless then? Sorry, but I don't follow. A target number of 19 _differing_ from a 20 is very desirable, not pointless.

Norbert
(Sheesh, I had no idea how active this list was. I got 70+ postings in a day ...)

"Fair damosel," said Sir Launcelot, "I may not warn people to speak of me what it pleaseth them; but for to be a wedded man, I think it not; for then I must couch with her, and leave arms and tournaments, battles, and adventures; and as for to say for to take my pleasance with paramours, that I will refuse [...] for knights that be adventurous or lecherous shall not be happy ne fortunate unto the wars ..."
                                        (Le Morte D'Arthur, VI, ch. 10)