Re: Catch-up and Keywords

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 20:22:33 +0100

David Dunham wrote:

> On 6 Sep 2010, at 08:09, sorenpetersen101 wrote:
>
> > So if a player chooses to increase a keyword, does that gain +3 as well?
>
> Yes.
>
> Part of the logic behind this rule was that players tend to put all
> their increases on one of two skills, which becomes a circular problem
> as those become the only skills they can use. I think it's better to
> have more rounded characters.

I agree that this is one of the few things HQ2 does better than HQ1. Interestingly, though, I find its solving the opposite problem to the one you describe. As a player, I always tend to spread my increases among as many different skills as possible, and therefore never get particularly good at anything. Now, that's less of an issue, because I can afford to concentrate on four or five skills (I don't think I'd go down to one or two!) and still know that I can get increases in some of the others at an appropriate juncture.

This is a good thing :)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic