Re: Re: Inversed Hero Points

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 08:54:18 -0700

On 15 Sep 2010, at 00:02, Nikodemus Siivola wrote:
>> FWIW, the rules say you bump after the roll. (I only point this out
>> because I know some house rules are different.)

> Hey, I have a house-rule that applies here: I allow boosting results
> for non-group contests as well (p. 34), as long as it is done
> beforehand. (Actually I suspect that this is the way it is ment to be,
> given that the boosting rule costs refers to "1 hero point for 1-3
> PCs".)

I'd forgotten that special case, I don't think our players ever did it.

It's intended to counteract the impact of group size on the results of Group Simple Contests, and shouldn't be taken to mean that you spend HP to bump individual rolls. (Unless of course you explicitly change it with a house rule.)

David Dunham
Glorantha/HQ/RQ page: www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein