Re: Question about Simple Contests

From: ryancaveney_at_...
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 18:59:18 -0800 (PST)

Emmanuel Kanter wrote:> I like this approach of a fight with more than one simple contest

I quite agree, but I apply it to almost all interactions. Anything that matters to the long-term story, or that is just interesting to see in detail for a few minutes, should not be resolved in a single die roll.

Personally, I did away with the no repeat contests rule a decade ago. In fact, I replaced the extended contest bidding mechanics with "just roll a whole bunch of simple contests until one side gives up or is completely defeated."

Ryan