Odaylan Beast Charms

From: sarah.newton5_at_... <sarah.newton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:39:43 -0000

Hi everyone,

Currenly snowed in here in Odayla's Camp in the Storm Realm (aka Lower Normandy), I'm just finishing up converting PCs from HQ1 to HQ2. One of them is an Odaylan initiate, and while the conversion looks great, I'm a little confused about how to gain Beast Charms. p280 of the Companion says 'worshippers may receive Beast Charms from kolatings if they succeed in special sacred hunts', whereas p281 says Odaylans can breathe in a prey animal's last breath in a special ritual using the Air rune and bind it into a special magical item called a Beast Charm.

Are these both true? If so, I'm not clear why any Odaylan would bother with the former, unless the latter ritual s very hard. If the former is true, can this be any old kolating, or does it have to be a spirit society member or even shaman?

My first session with HQ2 looks to be a visit to a sezing on the edge of the Starfire Ridges to have a Pain Spirit exorcised, so I'm quite interested in using a bit of spirity stuff :-)

Cheers!

Sarah