Re: Some questions about Simple Contests and Lingering Consequences

From: orlanthumathi <anti.spam_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 20:15:15 -0000

Yes but I think the point needs making even if they are ways of saying the same thing. Lingering consequences is used as a catch all term it seems, and it can give the impression that lingering penalties are inversely symmetrical lingering benefits. But of course they are different, especially in the way that they are dealt with after the fact. I.e. Healing/waiting or 'work until fail'. But -9 would be very different to 'unable to take action' or radically rework character sheet.

I would prefer to get rid of specific healing mechanics somehow and make the system symmetrical but you may remember that way back before hq2 was finalised i wasn't keen on the way states of adversity were expressed anyway. I have yet to think of a way to symetrically do it well. I have some ideas but that's for a different thread I think because they are radical changes not rules advice..