Re: Masteries as Modifiers

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 14:17:28 +0100

Gavain Sweetman wrote:

> I agree with all the other resistances. Where I don't agree is the
> Very Low:
>

> Very Low (Base - M or 6, whichever is lower):
> >>

> This to me means 14 - 20 = -6. Now -6 is lower than 6 so use 6 instead.

To me, it means that, since -6 is lower than 6, and you use "whichever is lower", then you use -6. (Whatever -6 means in this context - I suspect, on reflection, they mean "don't bother rolling", per p.51). While I can see why your suggested rule makes perfect sense, I just cannot parse the phrase as written to come up with your interpretation. Your rule may be better than what the rulebook says, but I don't think it *is* what the rulebook says.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

Not a Dead Communist: http://jrevell.blogspot.com/