Re: DnD4e to HQ2 (was Greetings)

From: Santo Sengupta <aumshantih_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 12:23:30 -0400

Namaste:

I'm a HeroQuest 1.0 Grognard - 2.0 is nifty, but the lack of simultationism left me a bit cold. I *liked* knowing what M2 vs M4 or even crazy M7-9 meant in Glorantha, regardless of game balance issues.

Here's my take:

Actually, 4E would be really easy to convert, as all their nifty Abilities and Class Features and Powers can just be used as HQ Abilities names.

For example:
Keyword: Eladrin
Natural Fey Humanoid, Low Light Vision, Speak Common, Speak Elven, Eladrin Education, Eladrin Longsword Training, Eladrin Will, Fey Step, Trance State

Keyword: Wizard
Wear Cloth Armor, Wield Dagger/Staff, Use [Magic Implement], Strong Will, Arcana + 3 Skills, Wizard Cantrips, Ritual Casting, Spellbook.

Class Features/Feats/Powers you'd just use the name of it.

As folks level up, they can add to Keywords/individual skills, and unlock more feats/powers/crunch as per "normal" DnD. Hell, "Level" could be this meta keyword, and you could roughly map them to mastery levels.

-Santo
aum shanti shanti shantih.
"The world is like the impression left by the telling of a story." - from the Yoga Vāsiṣṭha