Re: Errata Erratum?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 09:10:01 -0700

target...".

> > > OK... But what exactly does it mean now? What sort of 'generic
> > > resistance' is it referring to? This sounds like a complete non-
> > > statement: curses may be resisted by curse-resisting types of
> > > abilities...
> >
> > It means that curses are resisted by the highest, most applicable
ability -
> > A curse of Blindness might be resisted by "Good Eyesight" or by "Resist
evil
> > Sorcerous Magic", which ever is higher and most applicable, just like
any
> > other magic.
>
> So, a complete non-statement, as I suggested. ;-)

It is removing the "*Only* magic can resist Curses" wording. It brings it back into line with the rest of the game regarding resistance to magic. Sure, I *could* have written "just strike through the entire sentence"...

> I was thinking that edge-granting _was_ an augmentation, but it looks
> like the terminology has changed slightly. Fairy nuff, I getcha.
> I really must try reading my various copies, sometime. ;-)

You really should, you know. Some minor things may be changed, some major (like the removal of most Transfers from the Extended Contest chart that someone hadn't realized had occured). If you're going to complain about the rules, *please* complain about the printed ones, not old playtest versions (not just Alex, but everyone).

RR
getting ready to go to Germany, really.