Re: Digest Number 105

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 17:28:16 +0100 (BST)

Jonas Schiött:
> No... except that you're counting "Both Marginal Defeat" as a tie. In
> contests where only the actor's result counts (like enhancements...) this
> is really a defeat.

Hrm. Technically true, but as it'd make augments such _even more_, I think I shall carefully 'forget' this fact. Indeed, I'd like to see this factoid errata'd out of existence, please...

> I think 1w is slightly more effective in contests against other values
> that have exactly one mastery - they don't get all those criticals
> anymore.

But equally, you don't get get all those successes any more... Name me a TN you think 1W is better than 20 on, and I'll crunch the numbers. (1 rule and 20 rule crunching required first...) Richard's article may well have covered the bases on this already, however.

> Why not take a hard look at p.133-4, which is the real culprit?

Uncontrollable weeping is one strong reason not to look there.

Cheers,
Alex.