Re: Community Support

From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 11:54:57 +0100

   From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
>> I don't
>> think it is a big problem, because community support should probably be a
>> narrative thing. Players should try and persuade the clan, and, if they
>> think the clan support may be patchy they should probably go ahead with
>> family and friends. If the clan does give support, the narrator should be
>> the only person who knows for sure how many and at what level.
>
>I think one would normally be able to tell, if one has much experience

I wasn't clear. I meant _before_ the ritual. I'm sure you can tell after (and probably during), but then it is too late.

>of such things. Not that players should be sitting with the book
>open at p 244, trying to min-max the bonus, I quite agree. I'm
>speaking as once and future (I assume, sooner or later...) Narrator,
>who doesn't want to have to try and perform running repairs on the
>ruleset, not as a Community-Crazed Player... I agree, it's not
>a _big_ problem for me as a narrator -- I just won't use that rule.

I think I would probably look at the table, pick a column and number that seemed to fit the average support level and use that. As a narrator I can't imagine working out exactly who is attending and why very often, at least not in detail.

Thom