RE: family of Humakti

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:48:40 +0100

Jeff wrote:

> Brad Furst wrote:

>> I had thought that candidates to Humakt were required to sever all
>> family ties.  Perhaps I am mistaken; does anyone remember such a
>> point of view?

> You sever all your ties. But there's no reason you can't start new
> ones!

Not all Humakti sever their family ties. (Most that I know about do not). But it is a powerful ritual which can be carried out to make a devoted worshipper closer to his God.

This subject has been done to death (appropriately) on the Glorantha Digest in years gone by. It seems people who have never had any Humakti PCs in their games are willing to insist that everyone severs every family tie always; people who actually use the cult are less likely to take such an extreme position.

Cheers, Nick