Re: family of Humakti

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:01:18 +0100

In message <v04003a03b564b66b7b44_at_[216.26.44.56]>, Brad Furst <esoteric_at_...> writes
>I was surprised to read about family of Humakti at various parts of the new
>_Hero_Wars_ publications. I had thought that candidates to Humakt were
>required to sever all family ties. Perhaps I am mistaken; does anyone
>remember such a point of view?

My own point of view is that where it occurs, the severing of kin removes you from your original kinfolk, the family and bloodline you were born into. Possibly from your clan as well. This is so that you can serve Death without that service reflecting on those who haven't chosen the same path.

However there is nothing to say that you cannot form a family of your own from people who have chosen to associate with you. Only the most heavily geased and hero-formed Humakti have to give up *all* the powers of life.

And if your Daddy is a stone-cold servant of Death then naturally you will want to grow up just like him!

--
Michael Cule