Re: Magical Abilities

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 13:11:25 -0400

>In HW, what should the Wind Sword do?
>
>(It doesn't matter if you haven't got Griffin Mountain. This is a
>powerful Gloranthan magic item - what should it do for you?)

        The Wind Sword differed a bit between Griffon Mountain and Griffon Island. The Griffon Mountain one, which was mostly a big collection of stored Rune Magic IIRC would probably be best represented as an Orlanth magic affinity (I couldn't tell you which of the several Orlanth magic affinities was most appropriate without looking at Griffon Mountain), with an appropriate collection of feats. THose who already have such an affinity could use it to lend APs to themselves or augment their own affinity, or just use it as a separate affinity (with less dangerous consequences of failure).

        The Griffon Island one, IIRC, was mostly a bladesharp 10 matrix. Could be done as a bonus, a large edge, or as an ability to augment combat.

	Cheers
		David