Re: BASIC QUESTION REGARDING AFFINITIES AND FEATS

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 19:14:11 +0100

On Thu, 8 Jun 2000 12:58:04 -0500, "guy hoyle" <ghoyle1_at_...> wrote:

>I seem to have missed some very elementary rules about the use of affinities
>and feats. Namely, if I'm an initiate of a god, I assume that I can take
>some of his affinities, but how is this regulated?

If you begin a character as an Initiate (or a Devotee), you get ALL the Affinities. However, as an Initiate, you must apply an Improvisation Modifier (typically -3) to use any of the Feats (thus you never get to use your Affinity Rating at full value), whereas as a Devotee you get to use all the Feats at full Rating (but can Improvise new ones as you like). If you become an Initiate or Devotee DURING play, you have to buy each Affinity separately, then, if you're a Devotee, each Feat likewise. Normally, you would use them with Improv. Mods. during play, and cement them afterwards with Hero Points.

>And how does that differ
>from what I get as a devotee?

See above...

>If I take an affinity at 10w, do I get the
>feats associated with that affinity at the same level, or is there an
>improvisation penalty associated with that? Do I get all the feats under
>that affinity, or do I pick some, or what?

See above, but note you can't (without a really generous Narrator) START a character at 10W, only 5W.

Wulf