Re: Digest Number 109

From: Simon Bray <simonbray_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:18:04 +0100

Hi guys,

 I finally got my system working again.

 I have a quick query - If a character is a devotee and has been repeatedly using an improvised Feat over and over, which fits with mythology, can he then use hero points to cement that feat and lose the improvisational modifier. I'll eloborate.

During the course of the Food Thief scenario one of my players used his wind Affinitity to summon down a cloud into which he hid the grain and then sent the cloud back into the air. He did this for several nights - until I told him he was fatigued from doing so, and the village were getting fed up of the grain becoming damp. He even devised a myth for what he was doing, all about Orlanth using the scarf of mist to hide Ernalda's daughters from the Emperor's greedy servants - which I thought was cool. He then adapted the feat to hide some earth women, a granary and later an Ernalda statue - he called this feat Hide Earth in Clouds.

What do you think? I am too nice a GM and would say yes, but is this the way the rules guide it? I can't work it out.

My next queery is why are Theist so powerful? Animist seem limited to one use spells, only the clergy of the Malkioni seem to have any clout and the mystics baffle me completely. I am talking about the common men here, not the all powerful.

Cheers Simon.