Re: Among our many types of animist...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 22:07:43 +0100 (BST)

> > > 'Ecstatic' shamanists perhaps, for coherence' sake ?
> >
> > I don't think that terminology is any better. (Quite the reverse,
> > in fact, it's misleading in about two respects...)
>
> No, sorry, disagree.
>
> What frex might an 'advanced' animist look like ?

OK, 'Green Age animist', picky one. Did you object to the terminology 'Primitive' in RQ3, though?

I dislike "'Ecstatic' shamanist", since it's not really shamanic, as that term is more particularly used, and because ecstatic is no more applicable to say the Hsunchen, than it is to the Praxians.

Cheers,
Alex.