From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:01:55 +0100

> From: "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...>
>Brad Furst wrote:
>>
>> I was surprised to read about family of Humakti at various parts of the new
>> _Hero_Wars_ publications. I had thought that candidates to Humakt were
>> required to sever all family ties. Perhaps I am mistaken; does anyone
>> remember such a point of view?
>You sever all your ties. But there's no reason you can't start new
>ones!
>
>O: "And we will form a new agreement between us. You shall be Champion
>and sit next to Me."

IMO this broadly true, except that individual Humakti may have latitude to retain ties informally (he isn't my brother any more, but I can still go drinking with him), just as Humakti without the geas can still use poison (they just wouldn't be very piuos Humakti). Devotees and Swords are much more likely to sever their ties fully.

Thom