Subject: Introducing Agnar

From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:41:00 +0100

> From: "Brian Laxson" <b1laxson_at_...>

Broadly I like the idea, but some critical comments ...

Digging trenches (as opposed to graves) seems un-Humakti to me. Individual combat seems the sine qua non of the Humakti way. (Also would seem like an Earth cult tactic!).

>Fight <regimental enemy> - resist their powers, hurt them
>
>Maneuver Unit - The typical and almost exclusive tactic in the era is
>the charge. With maneuver unit they could do things like flanking
>maneuvers or regroup a cavalary unit after a charge.
>(Historically cavalary was a one shot weapon that tended to not
>bother helping those still fighting but head over to the enemy camp
>to loot.)

Charges are good, but I'm not sure about mass cavalry tactics. Advanced tactics for Humakti might be outflanking ambushers, taking the battle to enemy champions, magical challenges to single combat etc.

>Morale - Assist leadership and attitude of the regiment both on and
>off the field
>
>Aid Comrade - Suitable for regiments that work closely together, like
>pike formations. May also provide healing/restoration to fellow
>regiment members.

Healing and pike formations also seem unlikely Humakti feats.

Thom