Re: patrons

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 10:14:43 -0700

Benedict

>And their rating for those abilities would be? Patrons are missing
>from the table giving the ability ratings for supporting characters.
>It says somewhere that a PATRON is more powerful than the character:
>the opposite of a FOLLOWER.

An earlier draft had specific values for them. They will indeed be more powerful than the player, so you might want to give them values higher than the hero. This may not work as well if two heroes have the same patron (as happened in our game)...

In any case, I think it's rare that the player will be rolling for those abilities. Your hero should know his patron's best abilities, and have reasonable confidence that he is quite good at them, but that's it.

>If they are better, why have an ALLY when you can have a
>PATRON?
A patron will (almost) never accompany you in your adventures. An ally (usually) will.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein