Re: NPC Hero Points

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 14:43:08 EDT

Nils:

<< I think restricting HP to major villains is a necessity for a long-term continuous campaign. After all, NPCs generally don't need to come back from episode to episode, while the PCs have to win (most) of the time or the story ends.>>

     On due consideration, I think the 'scrap HPs altogether' option makes more sense. You'll still need them for experience purposes, of course, but disallow bumping. I had thought about trying to keep them in, but there doesn't seem to be a way of doing it while keeping a dramatic atmosphere (depending on what sort of drama you're interested in, of course, the reverse might be true).

     Oh well...

Trotsky