Re: Hero Point declaration

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:31:28 -0400

Brian Laxson wrote:

> > I am not sure which of us you were responding to.
> > In our game some NPCs
> > did have HP.
> > We just did not know who did until some bugger
> > popped one in our faces.
> >

> Yeah, that is what Jeff Kyer does in our game. Those
> fights tend to become very brutal affairs.
> I do find it's more enjoyable to spend the hero points
> after the results are known. It's used to avoid
> fumbling (like *not* landing on the silver guard's
> scimitars but in the snow at their feet.. *elbow into
> Jeff's ribs*) or by the villian to avoid similiar
> trouncing.
> More often than not the a villian with a hero point
> counters one of ours with his or we counter his with
> one of ours.
>
> Brian Laxson
> aka Agnar "Falls in Snow"

Yes. Well....

I Confess. My villans have Hero Points.

But only a few. 1-2 usually, unless they are nasty. I do have a sense of ethics, afterall...

And, since you met those folks in the middle of THEIR heroquest, you shouldn`t be suprised when they have them. But, I do use the HP`s to bump up a villan to get a good result on occasion.

Mostly I use HP`s to prevent the "I Waste Him With My Crossbow" effect. It makes for a good, satisfying climax to an adventure. And the game's the thing...

Jeff