Re: heroic defense; animal followers; patrons

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:14:35 -0000

Yes, but a Follower's abilities rise with the Hero's. How does that work with a horse or an alynx? Start with a Big 17 pony that grows into a Big 2w2 Baluchithere? An alynx starts with Small 10 and becomes microscopic as the Hero reaches his second mastery? No, I'm not seriously suggesting it, but there are a lot of animal/non-human traits that don't make sense in this case. A case-by-case definition of what abilities should and shouldn't rise is OK, just vague, and besides, some animal abilities start above the norm for Followers (I have a Giant apprentice Spirit Talker, if I decide to open the campaign that far...).

>"Sheep, Sexy" or
> whatever...

Not from Aberdeen, are you?

Wulf