Re: Digest Number 118

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:05:21 EDT

Wulf Corbett:

<< ><< The rules allow use of keywords, which is a good help, but it doesn't work
>for animals>>
>
> Whyever not? All you have to do is define a racial keyword 'horse' and
>make it equivalent to the base abilities for a horse in the Creatures
chapter.

 It's a good basis, I agree. But Followers improve as the Hero does, always -8 and -12 from the Hero's best rating. How does that work with a horse or alynx? >>

    For abilities that would plausibly increase (so, not Large, for instance) take the value they start at, subtract it from the hero's best rating, and use that penalty consistently - when the hero goes up +2, so does the animal follower. If you think the rating is getting too high, as a result of this (your horse now gallops at 90 m.p.h.), stop. Fairly simple, IMO.

Trotsky