Orlanthi Regiments?

From: Brian Laxson <b1laxson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:23:59 -0700 (PDT)

Jeff Kyer wrote:
>Something like LUNAR-oriented units would be fine, of

>course. I am sure that they would sanction Yanafal
> regiments in Sartar if they could find the folks to
> fill out the roster.

I'm mostly just debating how the rules might work. While finding Lunar fighting regiments would be more difficult there might be regiments who fight other forces about. Maybe Ulstrok's Troll Killers or something.

> But a regiment or the like must have room to
>practice and drill together. How else does the
>espirit get built? (Rune Metal Jacket is
>a wonderful whack at this -- thanks, dude!)

eeeek.... I like it.
Starting a regiment is one of those very long term, only slightly possible, character campaign goals. I could see a massive battle being enough to start the regimental spirit. Then there could be hero quests and further adventures to increase it.

A starting regiment spirit probably only has the power "Fight <regimental enemy>". Although for a future progression it probably should be Affinity: <Regiment> with only one feat "Fight <regimental enemy>". Further victories against the enemy ot expansion of the regiments memberhip (hence more worshipers and sacrificies) would add in other feats to the affinity.

Members of the regiment can only learn feats in the affinity that the spirit has.
A group of heros, like the PCs, might be able to rapidly accelerate the process by buying feats into the affinity as Devotees.
Building up such a regimental spirit might make for an interesting campaign.

Brian Laxson
Agnar the Lunar Hater

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos -- now, 100 FREE prints!