RE: Re: family of Humakti

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 10:24:13 +0100

Alex wrote:

> Indeed, in some cases (I think the Greydog work a little like this,
> don't they, Nick?) a kin-severing ritual (I imagine typically closest
> kin, rather than clan-severing) would have the other kin as actual
> 'participants'. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth at the 'lost'
> family member, etc.

Yep. The "kin-severing" we did for Corwen when he joined the Humakti full-time was actually his funeral and wake. His wife is now a widow; we all had terrible hangovers the morning after. And the Corwen we all knew and loved is now "dead" (as well as being "Death").

Please note that he was qualified as a Sword long before this ritual. Not all Humakti among the Greydog Clan are severed from kin. It took provocation to make him take that final, irrevocable step.

Cheers, Nick