Re: knacks; multiple

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:39:43 -0700

Bryan wrote

> The enhancements rule in HW should make knacks quite
> easy to model, with GM permission. A simple example
> would be: "excellent with horses." It could be used
> as an augment for riding, taming a horse, caring for a
> horse, or whatever.

The original draft had something very much like this, the size of the bonus depending on the frequency of occurrence (like +1 for many times per episode, +3 if once per episode, or something like that). My guess is it was dropped for simplicity, but I think it would fit the rules quite well.

The examples were usually situational. We had a character who had a bonus if he looked his opponent in the eye, or if it was the first strike.

Alex

> > Rather, I can see a problem in case A acts against B *and* C.
>
> Since this is not possible under the HW rules, a bit of a non-problem...

And how do *you* interpret the "Attacking Multiple Targets" rules on p.140?

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein