Re: Re: Combat in Simple contests and other stuff.

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:34:29 +0100

In message <OF081DC491.E3EB2204-ON802568FE.00573405_at_...>, philip.hibbs_at_... writes
>>> RETURN OF THE SON OF HIT POINTS
>>This all looks pretty reasonable at first glance...
>
>I think it's awful. Buying health levels by spending an ability? Yuck.
>Warriors and Non-Warriors? Why not have clerics, thieves, and magic users?
>(sorry, that was a cheap jibe)

I'm sorry, obviously I haven't made myself clear. I meant that you have Wound levels based on your Body (or whatever) ability. You don't loose your ability to buy wounds. I'll have to rewrite.
>From what I've heard about it, Graham Robinson's system of a succesion of
>simple contests sounds okay.

That's what this is meant to be. I'm looking forward to seeing Graham's version too.

--
Michael Cule