Re: knacks, talents, etc.

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:43:05 -0000

> "Knack with weapons" is not actually as silly as it sounds -
compare it
> to, say "Strong" - the knack can only be used to augment weapon
use, the
> latter has all sorts of applications.

I refer you back to Nick Hollingsworths Character I posted here back in May - Snerri had (inter alia) the following description

Desperate to prove herself as good as any man she scorns armour. A riot of tattoos protect and hide her. Drawn by her trickster father, these changing patterns reveal secrets, banalities and crudity in equal measure.

>From which, we derived the following personality trait

   Prove herself as good as any man 1w

Snerri would (or could) use this to augment any physical activity where she would be "competing" in some way with the men she was with. Eg, when chasing Sredali through the woods, she was determined not to be left behind . . .

Obviously improvisation penalties could be applied depending on how strained Nick gets trying to rationalize the use of this trait...