Re: Re: knacks, talents, etc.

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 11:46:39 -0400

> Desperate to prove herself as good as any man she scorns armour. A
> riot of tattoos protect and hide her. Drawn by her trickster father,
> these changing patterns reveal secrets, banalities and crudity in
> equal measure.
>
> From which, we derived the following personality trait
> Prove herself as good as any man 1w
>
> Snerri would (or could) use this to augment any physical activity
> where she would be "competing" in some way with the men she was
> with. Eg, when chasing Sredali through the woods, she was determined
> not to be left behind . . .
>
> Obviously improvisation penalties could be applied depending on how
> strained Nick gets trying to rationalize the use of this trait...

We use something similar. There are a few folks out in our campaign who have Hate Lunars or Vengance or similar, interesting traits.

It works well enough. The thing with knacks is that in Ars Magica, they are often a flat +x for a particular situational modifier. Looking into someone's eyes, frex.

Jeff