Re: APs

From: Timothy Byrd <timbyrd_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 10:29:41 -0700

[Both Thom and Wesley respond that my AP example was poorly chosen.]

To quote Roderick's response to the various questions about the Fight Undead feat:

> A. First response: It is an example of switching Abilities
> in the middle of a fight, not an example of a Zombie's
> special powers. It is meant to show that even though he
> switches abilities his AP do not change. All else is Fluff.

Similarly, my example was just meant to show how the AP mechanic is similar to D&D hit points, not an example of ranged combat. All else is Fluff.

[Thom]
> It all rests on what "applicable skills of 10W3" means.

I meant - to keep things simple - assume that the player is able to con the Narrator into allowing him to use a skill/ability/feat with a value of 10W3 (after improv modifiers, if any). Just say he's using his Ambiguously Cool Defense feat.