Re: knacks, talents, etc.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 22:29:11 +0100 (BST)

Mikael Raaterova:
> Implementation is as with any ability: if it's appropriate then
> apply. I don't find upgrading problematic at all: if you could
> upgrade the modifier it wouldn't be a modifier but an ability.

That niggles a bit, though. Why can't I say, be a little bit better at Wind Words than the other Feats in that ability, say? Or, have somewhat different ratings in Sword and Shield Fighting than in (say) Greatsword fighting?

> >But I can see them being subject to a lot of abuse.
>
> Is there anything in HW that isn't?

The mystic strikes rules. Well, other than in a masochist sense... (Being a rules abusee, rather than an abusor...)

Cheers,
Alex.