List General Notes update - PLEASE READ

From: Steve Lieb <styopa_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 21:58:25 -0000

Please note the List General Notes (the introductory stuff) has been updated and now reads as follows. You'll see it on the main page if you need to find it again.

For the discussion of Hero Wars rules, mechanics, details.

Rule 1) Before posting, please READ THE ERRATA, FAQ, and GLOSSARY (all given on the handy egroups LINK page) - this will save everyone a great deal of time. Thank you.

Rule 2) Please - when replying to a previous post, cut out the non relevant bits. Unedited "bulk" replies only show everyone that the poster is lazy (at best).

Rule 3) OK, we all know there was no ToC or Index. Griping about it is fruitless. Please note a ToC has been fan-submitted for the Players Book (on the egroups FILES page). We would welcome other submissions to fill the remaining gaps.

I will be reading the list regularly, and the only list-nazi'ing that I'll be doing is to quietly warn anyone that a) strays off-topic too far (a little ways is ok, but we don't want to have real-life debates on abortion rights or such stuff) b) abuses anyone, for any reason, *including* but not limited to responses to perceived insults.

Amended 6/13/00: I strongly believe that 'Flaming' is less about insulting someone, than some sophomoric attempt to win adulation among one's alleged peers. If someone angers you because their posts aren't relevant or annoying, and if you can't possibly ignore them, then feel free to insult them privately. Playing to the crowd is not acceptible in the digest, and will not be tolerated. After a number of reminders starting privately and then publicly, you'll be kicked.

Thanks all for making the hw-rules list such a success!

-Listmeister