Re: Re: Transfers and Wounds/Hurts

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 10:33:17 -0700

> I have just tried to write this into a program and the interactions
> are really getting out of hand. The interactions are
> 1 - when both lose APs (and worse, one might lose more than 7 APs
> and the other less) and
> 2 - when there is a transfer but the loser has fewer APs than the
> amount of the transfer or, worse, fewer than 7 APs
> I think I need to go and lie down...
>
> I will think this through try to program it sensibly and and then try
> to ask some questions.

The 7AP for a wound isn't automatic, it requires someone to make a concious effort to invoke it. I'd probably allow a double wound if both lose more than 7 AP.

For #2, on a transfer that drops a loser below 0 AP (I think that's what you mean) - the winner only gets the number of positive AP that the loser had.

Example: Joe criticals and hits Mark for an 8 AP Transfer. Mark only has 5 AP. Joe gains 5 AP from the transfer, Mark goes to -3AP and is out of the contest.
If Joe was cruel (or maybe stupid :-) ), he could hit Mark for a -1AP and a wound and keep Mark in the fight.

RR