Re: Misapplied worship costs

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 10:56:40 +0200

Mark Mohrfield :

> I just noticed that the costs for misapplied worship don't seem
> to be consistent, some of the examples seem to indicate that
> the multiplier is applied to the worshipper's system, while some
> indicate that it is applied to the system of the entity being
> worshipped.

Nick and I discussed this, at some length :

What we've come up with is :

"Each character or culture should pick just one philosophy of magic. Any magic from outside that philosophy costs double, whether you learn it the way it should be learned originally, or according to the methods of your own philosophy. Extraordinary cases exist."

Anything beyond that is up to the Narrator ; or anyone who wants to waste time coming up with something more precise and more orthodoxly GL-ish.

cheers,

Julian Lord