Re: Re: Transfers and Wounds/Hurts

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 16:18:05 +0100 (BST)

Douglas Seay:
> David Dunham reminded us all (well, me at least) that only the winner
> gets to decide if 7APs will be converted to a wound. Why was that rule
> added?

I don't think giving the loser the option was ever considered, so there was little need to add a rile to 'subtract' this! (Do you mean, why have Wounds at all?)

> I could see the loser taking a wound instead of giving up
> position as a valid tactical decision. I could also see that slowing
> the contest. Can anyone shed light on this rule?

I'd think that losers would do this continually, given the option. It would indeed normally be a much slower way to lose a fight, if it's headed that way anyway. You might want to consider a similar rule as a defender option, at a less 'favourable' ration, maybe.

Cheers,
Alex.