Re: Ability Rating \ Target

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:52:32 -0700

> > I'll even say so. I wish (now) that I had made the distinction cleaner -
> > Taget Number goes from 1-20. Ability Rating is the Target Number plus
> > "stuff": Masteries, edges, etc. You roll against the target Number. You
then
> > modify the result of that roll by the "stuff" - bumps from masteries, AP
> > from edges. I'm going to try to clean up the 2nd ed.
>
> Worth doing for the errata, even, I'd say. Unfortunately, it's a
> non-local change, since one would then have to make sure every
> use gets picked up. (Ow.)

Yup. If someone out there wants to send me a list of every where Target Number and Ability Rating need to be changed, it would be a help - I'm buried in Thunder Rebels at the moment, trying to get it ready before I leave for the next convention (whatever the heck it is - my wife keeps the calendar and says "you're going to X convention tomorrow - get packed").

Also, I just got off the phone with Greg, there's about 3 month's worth of stock left (yippee!), and what will be done is a Revision, *not* a new edition. Pardon my use of the wrong word earlier (Revision meaning: "We fixed all the errors we could find", as opposed to "We swapped everything around and added whole new sections").

RR