Re: Misapplied worship benefits

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 20:11:55 +0100 (BST)

David Cake:
> Has anyone noticed how odd it is that, although there seems
> to be a much bigger push to eliminate or discriminate against
> characters that cross magic systems compared to RQ, in Hero Wars (in
> contrast to RQ) there are only very minimal benefits to be gained?

What bothers me rather more is the apparent wish to stomp over any suggestion that certain _cultures_ might fit best anywhere other than smack-dab in the middle of the 'categories'.

If one person wants to self-consciously practice two _different_ systems, as opposed to being from a single 'mixed' tradition, that's a different matter. Let's see that certificate of Illumination, sonny-boy...

> I mean, an ability is an ability. While there are some gains
> of convenience for having, say, Talents and Feats, or Talents and
> Spells, there is certainly very little that is unbalancing to the
> game in combining them.

True.

Cheers,
Alex.