Re: Mysticism

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 01:39:46 +0100 (BST)

> The idea then, is that during a contest the mystic ability* is tested against
> something** before an exchange, success giving the character a Bump Up, as if
> he had spent a Hero Point. The character would also gain a 'Negative Hero
> Point' , being in debt,entangled in the world of temptation. These negative
> Hero Points can either be used to buy a flaw/buy up a flaw (because the
> character has entangled himself in some aspect of the world), to buy down an
> ability (not sure about this), or simply to require paying off before
> 'positive' Hero points can be gained.

That's quite cute. It's treating HPs in a very game-world manner, which seems somewhat problematic, but that's a minor niggle. Though I wonder if players would think this was such a great deal: if your HPs are negative, then you can't get a reliable bump, or increase abilities, which is a bit nasty.

Cheers,
Alex.